Saturday, March 29, 2008

Music

So I was in the car today with my sister listening to the radio. When we're in the car, we usually don't speak at all and just listen to whatever's playing on the radio. So while we were listening to this song we both liked, we started bringing up songs we liked in general and why we liked them. Then I brought up that my favorite song depended on what my mood was, and how I was feeling. She agreed, and said she liked songs that had to do with what she wanted with her life at the current moment.
So your life can really influence your music, and your music can really influence your life. Like when I had a bad day or I was feeling down and bad about myself, I would listen to "Iris", or another song that had to do with how I was feeling. Or if I had tons of energy and was feeling imensely happy, I would listen to a fast-paced song that made me want to jump up and dance. Even when I have a long orchestra rehearsel or concert, I want to listen to classical music. Sometimes even books influence what I listen to. There have been times that I really liked a song, that completely seemed like a book's plot that I recently read. The two things I love most in the world are books and music, so when they connect it so amazing!
So that was my random thought of the day. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Q said...

My favorite anything depends on my mood.

I LOVE Vivaldi.

Erin said...

I agree...I have a new favorite song to match my mood almost everyday. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. :)
Especially with that last statement.

Bridget said...

It's cool isn't it? But everything for me depends on mood, just like Q said. So with books, some days I'll love a book and other days I'll be so annoyed....

Anonymous said...

'Iris', by Goo Goo Dolls, is my all time favorite song. I just can't get enough of it and it seems to fit every single moment of my life.