Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Beauty Sleep


The Princess Aurore has had an unusual childhood. Cursed at birth, Aurore is fated to prick her finger at age sixteen and sleep for one hundred years- until a prince awakens her with a kiss. So, to protect her, Aurore's loving parents forbid any task requiring a needle.
On her sixteenth birthday, Aurore learns that the impending curse will harm not only her, but the entire kingdom as well. Unwiling to cause suffering, she will embark on a quest to end the evil magic. The princess's bravery will be rewarded as she finds adventure, enchantment, a handsome prince, and ultimately, her destiny.
This book was a lot slower than the other ones that I've read in this series. Truthfully, I was pretty bored most of the time while reading this. It did have some very good parts that I enjoyed. And I liked the ending and how the story worked out. But overall, I didn't enjoy it as much. If anyone else has read this one, what were your opinions on it? I liked it pretty well, but was a little disappointed.
Now I'm reading Snow and I'm really liking that one. Hopefully I'll finish that one soon too.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't terribly fond of this book either. I thought it was slow too.
Snow is pretty good. I mostly liked it because the heroine and I have the same name. Almost nobody in a book has that name. ;)

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

Sounds interesting!
Just would like to let you know that I tagged you. Check out my blog if you're confused.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of these books, so I can't say.

Ani Isilee, you're right. I can only think of two characters at the moment with your name, and one of them is very annoying (yet not as annoying as some of the characters in those books....)

Leanna said...

Yeah, that's one of the only characters that I can think of with that name too besides the one in Snow. I'll probably think of some more later though....

Bookbutterfly: Look at my post on March 9, because I believe that I've already done this meme. :)