Sunday, March 23, 2008

Not the Easter I was Planning...

So today has really been an emotional roller coaster for my family and me. We were planning on going to church and doing some other activities today, but it didn't turn out as planned. My grandfather got very sick, and this morning we had to take him to the emergency room. It was very scary, and we got really worried when we found out he had to have surgery tonight. We called some of our other relatives and they were concerned also. I was at the hospital for most of the day, and it was so emotionally draining. This evening he did have surgery though, and fortunately it went well. He has to spend two more nights at the hospital, and then he should be able to come home. Today was very stressful, but my family is so glad he's all right. When we got home we found tons of Easter stuff our church leaders and neighbors left us, so it really helped us and made us feel happy. We might even get to celebrate next weekend. I'm just so grateful that everything could work out so well, and that it could still be a good holiday. Thanks for the support you guys. You're awesome. :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

:( I'm so sorry. I hope your grandfather recovers super-quickly. *hugs*

Holly said...

Sounds like an emotional rollercoaster indeed, but I'm so glad it's looking up. *hugs too*

Q said...

That has happened to me before too--my grandfather had a stroke on Easter, and so my family drove several hours to reach him. That was draining, but at least he had healed a lot in just a few days. It was truly amazing how quickly he recovered. I completely understand.

Hang in there!
*hugs*

Leanna said...

Thank you everyone. He's doing a lot better today, so that is great.

Q- that must have been really scary! I'm so glad that he recovered quickly. :)