Saturday, March 8, 2008

Wake


For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. She can't tell anybody about what she does-they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.
Then she falls into a more gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted dream. She is a partcipant...
Wake was a very quick read. It didn't take me very long and I finished it within days. Before I knew it, it was over and it took me a while to formulate an opinion on it. Overall, it was an okay book. There were some parts that were very suspenseful and had me wanting to keep reading, and some that seemed slow and unnecessary. I thought the dream aspect of it was interesting, and it was different than a lot of books I've read. The only thing that bothered me was the language, which was pretty bad throughout the entire book. But the ending satisfied me, and I'll probably buy the sequel Fade when it comes out.

1 comment:

Bohae said...

Sounds interesting. :)
And I tagged you on my blog.