Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Curse Dark As Gold



Okay, this isn't the first review for A Curse Dark as Gold. And I'm sure that you all know what it's about by now. But in case you don't...

Since her father's death, the fate of the Miller family woolen mill and Shearing village, rests on Charlotte Miller's shoulders. An unexpected and seemly insurmountable debt leads to a difficult choice for the normally pratical and level-headed miller's daughter.

Must she take the offer of the strange little man that can spin straw into gold, or can she make her own way through a maze of ill luck and deceit that seems her family's legacy?

This is a re-telling of the Rumpelstiltskin story. I had never read the original tale, but I absolutely loved this book. I have to admit, the forces were working against me to never have time to finish this book. But I couldn't stop reading for hours when I finally got to reading it. I think that the author's writing is beautiful, and I loved the romance and the characters just as well. The wonderful reputation for this book is well earned. Great fantasy read.

3 comments:

Bohae said...

*wishes for this book*

Anonymous said...

Yay! You finished it. ;) I'm glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the review.

Happy reading,
~ecb