Monday, March 10, 2008

Sons of Liberty


Nobody knows the American Revolution better than thirteen-year-old Rock Kindle. He can list every battlefield and weapon, each general, spy, and traitor of the war that won the colonists freedom from Great Britain. His belief that he himself could brave any combat often helps him through the bad times, when Rock's own father wages small wars on the rest of the family.
But when his best friend Liza decides to run away from home, Rock begins to question the bonds that hold his family together. He knows that he would never be a traitor to his father and would never desert his family, so why is his wish to escape his home so powerful?
I really enjoyed this book. My sister recommended this to me, after she read it a few years ago and loved it. I finished this in about one day. I really liked the story, setting, and characters the author described. I could relate with the characters a lot throught the book, and after I read the end, I was sobbing. I really understood the decisions that Rock had to make, whether to do what he knew was right, or stay with his abusive father. I really loved this book, and recommend it.

1 comment:

Bohae said...

Ooh, looks good. :)