Friday, February 22, 2008

A School Post

School is beginning to have a whole new meaning. This past week we have been doing class registration for the next school year. I'm going into the ninth grade next year, which means that it's going to be my first year of high school. This is when everything starts counting. The classes that I choose to take or not take, is going to affect college or even my future career. You start thinking about what's going to get you the most credit and will look good on your college applications instead what you really want or should do. Choosing my classes this year was some of the hardest decisions I've had to make this year. I'm hoping to get into all the honors classes, journalism, and advanced orchestra. Overall, I'm excited about what I chose. Though there was some stuff like Spanish, that I had to leave behind.
But I have high hopes for next school year. I mostly enjoy school. I've noticed that the classes that I love are the ones that challenge me the most. There are some that are easy that I should enjoy, but bore me. And the ones that give me the most challenge and stress...well, I love them. It's rather hard to explain. I like being busy and having something worthwhile to do that I'm not wasting my time. I like feeling that I accomplished something that day, instead of just barely making through it.
Most of my classmates hate learning, and that's something I don't understand. I say, find something at school that you love and try your best to excell at it. That makes it all worth it for me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to take a language, Leanna. Honors classes are really important, but most colleges require a language. BTW- you're really lucky that your school offers ALL honors classes. I don't have honors or AP english until junior year.

Leanna said...

Yeah, I'm really happy about our honors program.

I took a year of Spanish 1 this year, and was plannning on taking a language that wasn't offered at my middle school once I started going to the actual high school( ninth grade is included in junior high where I live.) Hopefully that will work out.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much on the languages--usually you only have to take two years of it, and if you have good enough grades, I don't think they really matter . . .

But honors and AP programs are really quite fun. I took them, and though they did lead me to a scholarship, they also made high school enjoyable instead of mind-numbing.