Friday, February 15, 2008

Princess Academy


It was a lovely idea and Miri wished she could believe it, but she knew lowlanders would never allow a crown to sit on a mountain girl's head.
Wow, what a lovely book. This is one of my favorite's and it will always hold a special place in my heart. You see, this is the first book that I had ever read by Shannon, and it's what introduced all of her amazing books and all the wonderful things that went along with it. If my mom hadn't bought me Princess Academy two years ago, I never would have read any of Shannon's books, joined LRRH, met her, or have gotten introduced to all of the wonderful things that it gave me. Really I think that Shannon's books changed my life. And Princess Academy is what started it. That's one of the reasons that this is one of my all time favorite books.
My work here is done.
Leanna

3 comments:

Bohae said...

That's exactly what happened to me! Princess Academy was the first book I read by Shannon Hale - and then I started reading her other books :D It's really amazing what one book can do... :)

Anonymous said...

I actually read The Goose Girl within a year of it coming out. I was hooked forever after--but yeah, it is sort of life changin.

Anonymous said...

WOOO! Princess Academy rocks.