Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Writing on the Wall- Wendy Lichtman

It's spring semester, and Tess's eighth grade existence hasn't gotten any simpler. Suave bully Richard has been scaring her with threats, a strange graffiti pattern keeps showing up on the wall outside school, and there's a new girl whom Tess just can't seem to figure out. Not to mention the fact that her crush Damien has been acting stranger than ever. What's a math loving girl to do? Turn to algebra for guidance of course! What if Tess finds out the solutions are DNE- Do not Exist? Or are the solutions right in front of her?

While I was reading this book, it kept reminding me of something that I couldn't figure quite figure out. Then I remembered that it reminded me of something that might have been on an old episode of Lizzie McGuire! Well, I'll just say it was a book for younger readers. And it does talk about math a lot! So if you're not a math lover, you probably won't enjoy this book as much, but it's still an okay read. I thought it was pretty good. I never read the first one in the series, but it didn't matter that much, because they filled you in well on the stuff you missed. So if you love math, you'll love this book because it relates math to real life a lot! So be sure to go and buy it when it comes out sometime in July!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I have this book. Just about to start it...

Kelsey said...

Good review! Love you blog also. Want to do a link exchange? My name is Kelsey and this is my blog:

http://readingkeepsyousane.blogspot.com/

Leanna said...

Cool, thanks Kelsey! I'm glad I found another good blog to visit. :)

Tasha said...

I have this book too. I'm just starting it too.