Friday, April 11, 2008

Perfect You- Elizabeth Scott



Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast. Her father quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend Anna, has become popular, and now she acts like Kate is invisible. And then there's Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him.
Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen...but only if she lets them.

So I really loved this novel, and read it in about two days. I really liked the main character Kate. I really felt like I could relate to her and the struggles she was going through, especially since I have gone through some of the same ones. She feels like her whole life is horrible, and that she shouldn't even try to be happy. I could understand that feeling of hopelessness, but it was a little overdone in a few scenes. I was sad about how her friendship with Anna turned out in the end, but I could see it coming. I didn't really like her romance with Will, but I've read worse. So this book is definitely worth reading. I think it's on sale now, but I'm not sure.
Also when I was reading a sneak peek of Elizabeth Scott's next novel, one of the guy's names in it is Finn! Very weird to see it in another book. Anyways, have a great weekend and I'll try to get some other posts done!

Leanna





3 comments:

Q said...

I read a book where the main character's name was Miri--it was rather odd.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read this.
I've heard that there's a Finn in “Meghan Meade’s Guide to the McGowan Brothers." I don't know though. I've never read it. :)

Madison said...

I loved this book; it's out.