Sunday, April 13, 2008

Waiting for Normal- Leslie Connor

Addie is waiting for normal. But Addie's mom has an all-or-nothing lifestyle, which never adds up to normal. She must live with her mother in a bright yellow trailer, near the corner of a small town mini-mart, where she meets some close friends to help her through her struggles. Even though she is often left alone by her mother, sometimes for days at a time, Addie must remain optimisic. Though everyday she longs to be with her stepdad and half sisters. Despite life's twists and turns, someday, she'll find normal.
I loved this book so much. The characters were very realistic, and I loved the voice of the main character Addie, as we went with her through her day to day challenges and struggles. There were happy parts, there were sad parts, and I loved every page. I never got bored, and read it almost in one sitting. The main character shows real hope with her bleak reality, and the ending was very satisfying. I recommend that if you haven't read this book, do so! It is a very hopeful, encouraging read!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

So it's good? I saw it, but I passed it over. I'll try it.

Sookie said...

Hm...looks interesting. The cover and description makes it look like something I'd like to read!