Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thirteen Reasons Why


Thirteen Reasons Why is the debut novel by Jay Asher. It's about a boy named Clay, who one day comes home to find a mysterious package lying on his doorstep. Inside he finds thirteen tapes made by his classmate and crush Hannah Baker, who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Inside she explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life, and each tape tells a story that contributed to her thoughts of suicide. Clay will learn how he made the list, and what her learns changes his life forever.
It took me a while to get into this book, but once I did I couldn't stop reading. This book really changes your perspective about life and how you treat the people around you. I'd recommend this book to everyone. It's one of my new favorites.
I'm also reading Book of a Thousand Days for the second time. So much better than I remembered from the first time! I can't wait to post my thoughts on it soon!
Leanna

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow...that sounds like it could be really good. And sad.

Anidori-Isilee said...

I loved this book. Oh my gosh was it good. And I didn't even read ahead. It's a very powerful book.

I'm reading B1000 for the third time. The second time might still be my favorite time reading it, though that might be because I don't have a lot of time to read lately so it's very slow going.

Jessica said...

Oh wow. I must must MUST read this book :D And Book of a Thousand Days is impossibly exceptional...