Friday, January 18, 2008

School Projects

So we're learning about the American Revolution in both my History and my English class. I think that the teachers were trying to be nice by having the units at the same time, but sometimes it seems like a bit too much. Especially since the classes are right after one another. And they both decided to assign projects the last week of the semester. So I have a lot to do this weekend.
In History, we have to write a biography about a famous historical figure during the American Revolution. Complete with pictures. So he had a list of who we can choose from and since everyone had to pick someone different, we wrote down who we wanted on a list. Then he chose people's list randomly, and they either got who they wanted or had to pick someone else. I got William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania. In the end I think my book turned out okay, except that the drawings were horrific. I am terrible at art, especially drawing so in the end it was some very poorly drawn stick figures.
In English I have to make a poster and write a report on Lexington and Concord. We got to do this with a partner at least. We met up today and got some stuff done, and we're going to meet again on Monday. All I can say is, I'm going to be really glad when this is all over.
So anyway, sorry for the really long school post. That's how I'm spending most of my four days off. Tuesday is the first day of the new semester, so I'm excited. But we're not getting our new schedules until that morning though, which is really sad but the office gets behind a lot. I know that because my sister works in the office one of the periods.
Enjoy the long weekend!

Leanna

2 comments:

Madison said...

Why are you learning about the American Revolution in English?

I remember in fifth grade, we had to do a biography project in a scrapbook. I did Louisa May Alcott, and I drew all the pictures in black and white.

Leanna said...

We're reading a novel that takes place during the American Revolution, and this is for background info.

That sounds like a cool project. I've always been horrible at drawing black and white pictures.