Monday, January 14, 2008

Something to Brighten my Week

I got an ARC today from Harperteen Where People Like Us Live. I was so glad when I saw it in the mailbox. I needed something to make this week a little more bearable.
Today they announced the Newberry Award winners! And while the book I was rooting for Book of a Thousand Days didn't win, I was still happy for the winners. I hadn't heard of a lot of them though. But I could always use a couple more recommendations.
I have a test on all twelve major scales tomorrow in orchestra, so I have to practice a lot tonight. Stuff like that always makes me nervous, so I like to be extra prepared.
Well, since I've been getting so many good books lately I might post a couple of reviews soon. Still loving Blogger tons...

Leanna

3 comments:

Jessica said...

There's something really great about getting books in the mail... :D

Hope you do/did well on your orchestra test!! :D

~Jess (Bohae)

Madison said...

Getting books in the mail always makes me smile. I started reading Where People Like Us Live; I have mixed feelings about it.

I hope you did well with the scales!

Leanna said...

Thanks. It went well ( at least I think it did) but I don't have my score yet.

Mixed feelings, huh? I was going to start it tomorrow, so I'll have to see.