Monday, January 28, 2008

Book of a Thousand Days



Wow. What a great book. So good, I stayed up until 12:30 a.m. on a school night just to finish it.

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale, is about a lady's maid named Dashti who gets locked up in a tower for seven years with her mistress, Lady Saren. I loved the diary format of this book, and the way it tells the story through the maid's eyes. What a beautiful book. Even though I knew how it would end from the first time, I still found myself almost crying when the book ended. I was so happy for Dashti! I absolutely loved the characters, the realness all of them had. I couldn't tell you my favorite character in the whole book; all of them had so many things I loved about their personality. Shannon writes in such a beautiful language, you can't help but be intrigued from the moment you start reading any of her books. When I read Maid Maleen on her website, I thought how much I loved her version of the story, and how well she developed many of the characters. Book of Thousand Days is truly one of my favorite books by Shannon Hale.

By the way, I'm re-reading all of Shannon's books this month, so if I get a little emotional like this on all my posts....;)

Leanna

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Emotion is always allowed when talking about books. Specifically Shannon's books ;D
B1000 is, like, absolutely amazing. Amazingly awesome. Awesomely perfect. Perfectly flawless. And so on.
*emotion emotion emotion*
;D

Anonymous said...

Ditto what jess said. :D