Wednesday, July 9, 2008

You're never too old for American Girl....


I saw Kit last night with my cousins and aunt. Now I probably wouldn't have seen this movie on my own, but my cousins are nine and eleven so they really wanted to see it. Now I loved American Girl when I was a kid! I used to love to read Kit's books. She was always my favorite. I never got one of the dolls though. They were always too expensive, sadly.
Anyway, considering we were the only ones in the theater, I guess the thrill was already fading a little. So that was nice and a lot better than my Wall-e experience (screaming little kids surrounding you on all sides.) And I really enjoyed it. It was historically accurate and a lot like how I remembered the books to be. I recognized most of the actors and spent the majority of the movie trying to figure out where I'd seen each of them (I was developing a crush on the actor who played Will.) What I liked most about though was it that it showed the real dramas and trials of what people really had to go through in that time period. I was a bit worried when I saw all the previews that they wouldn't have that. But it actually turned out to be quite a drama instead of the light children's comedy that it looked like. It turned out to be a lot better than I thought, so I recommend it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm not the only one who was whispering to my friend, "Gosh, the movie's OK.... but Will's fantastic!"

Yeah. He's kind of nice looking .

Holly said...

Haha, it's so true - you really are never too old for American Girl.

Pretty Unfamous said...

When I was little Kit wasn't even an American Girl yet. The Native American girl was the newest one when I was little, and that was towards the age the I was growing out of the American girl dolls. I have Samantha and Felicity, and I think Molly was the newest girl when I first became obsessed with them.

I'm going to Wikipedia American Girl dolls right now. Thanks for this bit of nostalgia!