Wednesday, July 16, 2008

House of Dance-Beth Kephart


Rosie and her mother coexist in the same house as near strangers. Since Rosie's father abandoned them years ago, her mother has accomplished her own disappearing act, spending more time with her boss than with Rosie. Now faced with losing her grandfather too, Rosie begins to visit him every day, traveling across town to his house, where she helps him place the things that matter most to him "In Trust." As Rosie learns her grandfather's story, she discovers the role music and motion have played in it. But like colors, memories fade. When Rosie stumbles into the House of Dance, she finally finds a way to restore the source of her grandfather's greatest joy.
This book was a little hard to get into, and I was almost sure that I wasn't going to be able to finish it. This book is similar in the writing to her other book Undercover and I think that I might like that one a little better. But House of Dance had a lot of good messages and the story between Rosie and her grandfather is heartbreaking. Once you can get into this book, it is definitely worth it. I'm glad that I was able to finish it.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

So she's written a new book? I liked Undercover, but it was a little hard to continue, too. This is going on my to-be-read list! :)