Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Random Post

So it's been a few days, so I'd decided I'd just do a big random, about nothing in particular post. So here it goes...

First, I haven't read any good books lately. I have started a couple, but I haven't been able to get into any of them. So good recommendations would be appreciated. Or I think I'll just reread a book. That always works, especially if it's something amazing by Shannon...:)

Second, how sick is everyone getting of High School Musical....? My mother works with the guy that makes the trailers and promos for HSM 3, so I knew the trailer was coming out soon. Sadly I will probably end up seeing this movie eventually. Definitely not anywhere close to the first day though because I don't want to be ambushed by all the major, screaming fans.

Third, speaking of movies the second Twilight trailer is premiering tonight on Entertainment Tonight. I can't decide whether the HSM or the Twilight fans scare me more. Plus, have any of you been checking out the Breaking Dawn quotes of the day on Stephenie's website...? They're pretty cool, though not nearly as satisfying as I'd like them to be.

Fourth, I get to go to the Shakespeare festival this weekend! We're going to see two shows, one of which is The Taming of the Shrew. I played a townsperson in my school's production of it in elementry school. I'm excited to see it.

So that's probably it until this weekend. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

EDIT: The links just aren't working for me today on Blogger so I just took them off. *is frustrated.*

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Yeah, the quotes are great, I love that Stephenie is doing that! I can't wait to see the new trailer.

HSM annoys me so much! The fans are generally harmless though. But some Twilight fans can get rather nasty.

Leanna said...

I think that the Twilight and HSM fans are scary in different ways. ;)

Holly said...

Taming of the Shrew! Exciting. :) I saw that last summer and it was so funny. I'm still amazed that people could be so funny so long ago (I know, that sound stupid), and that we can actually enjoy their humor.

I don't really visit Stephenie Meyer's website, but the last time I was there the rock paper scissors quote was up (do you remember that one?). It made me smile.

HSM fans annoy me more, because I think Twilight is a better choice of an obsession, but Patrice is right, some Twilighters can be really mean when provoked. Like how Ennalee's been getting nasty comments on her Eclipse review for ages, just because it was only mostly positive.

Anonymous said...

I don't like High School Musical. It's overrated.
Similar thoughts on Twilight.
-Rebecca Joy from LRRH-