Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sweethearts-Sara Zarr


As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennifer thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend. When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.
I main reason that I wanted to read this book was because I found out it was by a local author. I had read good reviews and it sounded pretty good so I read it, and I'm really glad that I did. I read this book in just one afternoon, so it's fast and keeps your interest the entire story. This book will make you cry. The entire histoy between Jenna and Cameron is so sweet, and you find yourself feeling sympathy with them throughout the entire book. The ending was bittersweet and can't satisfy you enough. It is a very sweet and sad book about a lost friendship. So just go out and read it, because I can't recommend it enough.
P.S. My sis got a blog so go check it out. It's kind of quirky. :)

No comments: