Friday, October 10, 2008

I remember when I used to be smart...

*Sigh.* Right now, I am frustrated. School is making my life extremely stressful right now. I used to consider myself pretty smart. I got straight A's every year of elementary school and I got a 4.0 gpa seventh and eighth grade. This year though, my grades have pretty much dropped. Mainly in Biology and Geometry. First, I did really badly on a Biology test (though the test was on a chemestry unit) and that brought my grade down. And right now I'm doing horribly in Geometry. I've been getting low scores on all the tests and quizzes so far, including the one I took today which I know I just failed. So that's going to bring my grade down even lower.

The end of the quarter is in just a couple of weeks. Right now I have a 3.8 but the test from Geometry is definitely going to lower it. So I'm probably going to get a 3.6 or a 3.7 first quarter. Considering I'm an honors student and in classes with a bunch of smart people, that's pretty bad. No NJHS for me.

So I'm really depressed about that right now. This year just has not been good. If I study extremely hard in all my other classes I might do well, but those Geometry tests are just going to ruin me.

So just feeling really blue lately. I just hope that things get better soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. :(

Q said...

Go ask your teachers if there is anything you can do to bring your grades up.

~Firefly~ said...

Ugh... I'm sorry. I know how you feel. All through middle school I was a straight A student and then in high school I got my first B. In Algebra. It was horrible... and as a result I worked myself nearly to death second semester to get an A. Was it worth it? Yeah, but I wouldn't want to repeat that process even if it meant I could write a book as phenomenal as Shannon Hale. Wait- what am I saying? Haha... you should PM and we can exchange geometry and biology horror stories! Haha :)

Patrice said...

Aww sorry you're having such a bad time! I agree with Q, your teachers will be able to help you.

Holly said...

I'm sorry, Leanna. *hugs* Q's suggestion is an excellent one...you're totally smart enough and hard-working enough to do well in biology and geometry, so don't think it has to keep going the way it has been.