Monday, June 9, 2008

More Trip Details




We went to Bath yesterday and I have some pics from it. It was extremely cool to look at everything. The picture above is of me touching the water from the baths. The water is really hot! But I should mention that England is absolutely beautiful, both in the country and in the cities. The buildings are amazing and if you're an architect like my sister you'll be having lots of fun. We went to Oxford today and I got a University of Oxford t-shirt. Since the sizes work differently in Europe, I got a little confused so I hope I grabbed the right one. ;) Some things you should know about England:
  • When you order lemonade at a restaurant, they'll bring you Sprite.
  • None of the drinks are cold ( no ice).
  • They call parking lots "car parks".
  • They call the restrooms "toilets".
  • Chips are called cripses.
  • When you put a dime in their vending machines, it will come right back out.
  • Most of the buildings are from the 1400s.
  • So much more, I can't write it all.

More later!

Leanna

4 comments:

Q said...

And french fries are called chips.

Holly said...

Wow! That is so cool, I am swooning a little bit with Europhilism. :) I had no idea that Bath was actually known for baths...it's so great that you're in the same town where so many Austen characters have been!

Anonymous said...

Kewel. :D
Thanks 4 the info. I'll remember that next summer. :)

Leanna said...

Q: Oh yes, that too!

Cuileann: Yeah, Bath is famous for their Roman baths.

Ennagirl: Cool, are you going to England?