Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I went to the library

Okay, first off, I don't go to the library much. I used to go all the time, probably every other day, when I was a kid. But I stopped going because I realized I didn't like the books there. I started to prefer new books from the bookstore, plus I found out that the bookstore has a way better selection. So I probably didn't set foot in the library again for years.
Yesterday, I went there with my sister and I was surprised...they actually had books! We went to the Teen section (which only consists of three bookcases, but whatever) and they actually had books I recognized. Even new ones. I think that I was under the impression for years that they didn't have a good selection of anything, and that there would be nothing I would know there. But there were. Many of them that just barely came out. I was so excited, my sister was kind of like, " Duh, what were you expecting?" And also surprisingly, most of them were in good condition ( I don't think many people go in the teen section much.)
So libraries have books. Who would have thought?

3 comments:

Q said...

The books that are actually on the shelves at my library are mediocre. I put holds on and wait for them to become available.

Holly said...

Heheh. :) How nice to discover a fresh supply of books!

Patrice said...

The teen section of my library is really small too, basically three stacks. But I work there, so I get first dibs on the all the new books! Mwahaha!

And yes, the quality of the twilight scene is pretty maddening; it's so hard to hear what they're saying!